The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty forms the basis of this large area to the northwest of London, from the rural area around Luton in the north to Goring-on-Thames in South Oxfordshire.
The countryside is renowned for its sweeping chalk grasslands and wild flowers as well as its magnificent beech woods, sparkling streams, deep wooded valleys and quiet lanes perfect for walking and cycling.
The LEADER map shows the rural areas covered by the grant.
The Chilterns LEADER priorities are to:
• Enhance Farm Productivity - through the acquisition of high-tech farming equipment or processing equipment to add value to produce
• Support rural Micro, Small or Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) and farm diversification - through supporting on-farm diversification projects or the establishment and growth of rural businesses to provide rural employment, and with a particular focus on local food or forestry based projects
• Support rural tourism - through projects such as the provision of appropriate tourism accommodation and the development of sustainable tourism facilities
• Support the provision of rural services - particularly where those services have a quantifiable positive impact on the rural economy through the creation of jobs and growth
• Increase forest productivity - particularly supporting projects that develop local higher-value timber usage and processing capacity, as well as supporting the purchase of forest management equipment, especially for collaborative use
• Support historic landscapes or monuments - especially where such projects can be directly linked to economic development and additional rural jobs
Please note the Chilterns LAG has a policy of prioritising first time applicants. Repeat LEADER applicants will have to demonstrate that exceptional benefits would arise from any second or subsequent projects. If you are considering applying to LEADER for a second time, please call to discuss your project with the team prior to submitting an Outline Application.
Contact LEADER on
07802 411040 / 07375 019227
Or register below and we'll be in touch!