LEADER is designed to support rural businesses to create jobs and support the rural economy. To be successful, projects must contribute to one or more of LEADER’s six national priority areas:
- Support for Increased Farm Productivity
- Support for Micro and Small Enterprises and Farm Diversification
- Support for Rural Tourism
- Support for provision of Rural Services
- Support for Increasing Forestry Productivity
- Support for Cultural and Heritage Activity
The LEADER programme has been running across England for more than 10 years and a new round of grant funding will now operate from 2015-2019. Ngage Solutions managed LEADER grant funding for the Chilterns, Aylesbury Vale and rural Milton Keynes from 2009 to 2013. 124 projects were awarded funding which in turn sustained 206 jobs, created 117 new jobs and helped launch 39 new businesses over the course of the programme.
In this current round of funding, we are running LEADER programmes in the following areas:
LEADER is a French acronym which means “Liaison among Actors in Rural Economic Development’ and it is an EU funded rural grant programme designed to support local businesses
Find out more about the grant by exploring the rest of our website or contacting one of the team.